Laid down clay then put acrylic modeling paste on it. Then I dusted dust that I got from outside on it. Came out really nice, had to spray from tan on it to get the right shade but I like the effect of not being uniform that I got on it. There are a few spots I went back and added a little more dust too since there was some light brush strokes but for my first one of these I am pretty happy.
Painting it european green which is pretty simple but the real challenge will getting the effects just right. Though the joy of this is that if I screw up I just lay on some tan so it looks like it is just.
Found some USSR army decals I am going to use.