Trying to get a license from Crypton to sell copies. Though I still need to work on my casting technique since I am still getting to many errors.
I will post if I can get everything set up.
I was nervous when I opened the kit, and unfortunately it was a little beat up from the flight from russia. Some parts missing some parts ripped off their spru.
As I was building the kit I then discovered a lot of the parts just flat out didn't fit. Which is really frustrating. Not that I can't fix it, I can and did, but nothing having them fit makes me rethink If the part is on right. But in the end all I can say is the kit is unique and I like that, and the issues are really just the price to pay for having a unique kit.
I also got some afgan-russian war figures which I am going to use for the diorama.
So YES it is not historically accurate since the 80a model was not introduced till after the war was over. but I don't care, I feel it is close enough that only people that know their history will notice and they are usually pissed off about something anyways.
Had to deal with some poor resin, kind of my fault left the bottles out in the garage where It got over 100F degrees.
I went with the stand colors, I wanted it to be a example to show others how to build it.
Though I hope I can get the funds to get new resin so the ones I sell are not terrible, I mean they are ok but not for beginners where this kit was kind of aimed towards.
Didn't really have any trouble painting it, took a lot of masking but was not too bad. the worse was the arms where I had to get the teal bit, not perfectly round so had to cut out a lot of little circles to get it to fit.
Enjoy, look out for information on how to buy one soon!